GST registration procedure is there that you follow. In this way only you get GST registration number. And when you get GST registration number then it is easy for you to start next process. In addition GST full form is Goods and Services Tax. This tax replaces many taxes. Therefore authorities tell it to be Goods and Services Tax for one nation, one tax.
GST registration necessary
You must understand some more points here. While they are GST registration rules that you follow. In this article you understand importance of GST and why should you register in GST services. You can now keep reading to know more about it. Also know about GST file returns.
Should I register under GST?
GST full form is Goods and Services Tax. Moreover it is tax that every supplier must pay. However there are some rules that you follow when registering for GST. Below you find these cases.
Exemption limit in GST registration for small businesses
If your business has turnover of less than Rs. 20 lakh then it is voluntary registration. On other hand if turnover is less than Rs. 10 lakh in some cities like Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Jammu and Kashmir, Manipur, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Sikkim, Tripura and Uttarakhand. Then again it is voluntary registration.
Even agriculturist does not have to register with GST. Therefore you be very careful with all rules and regulations of GST before you register for this tax. It is so because there is exemption limit in GST.
GST registration rules
Apart from above things there are some rules that you must follow. It is so because it makes things simple for registering at GST official portal. Below you find GST registration rules that you follow at GST registration portal.
These rules also help in new GST registration procedure. You can now keep reading to know more about GST registration portal rules. You can know more about Goods and Services Tax Network here.
GST registration rules
- Validity of Goods and Services Tax registration is 90 days
- Tax deposit is similar to input credit and
- Extension of GST registration is 90 days
Who should register with GST tax portal?
- You operate in many states
- Annual turnover is above 20 lakhs rupees
- Different business in one state
- If you register in VAT, Excise Laws or Service Tax Laws
- If tax deducts at source
- Working as e-commerce operator, aggregator or input service distributor
- Casual taxable or non resident taxable people
- When you supply through e-commerce operator or aggregator
Other people who should do GST registration
- If you pay tax according to reverse charge mechanism
- Supply of Goods and or Services in inter state
- You are agent of registered taxable persons
- You work as input service distributor and
- Finally if you supply information, access services, database retrieval, anywhere outside India
- Moreover these people should not be registered taxable person
Hence you know about GST registration in India 2017 and who requires GST registration. Even idea of GST registration procedure will be plus point. However you must know about GST registration documents for that.