August 5 is very important day for all tax payers. As 5th August 2017 is last date to file Income Tax Returns so it is better that you first register yourself at official website of IT department. And then you go for filing your taxes at e filing online portal of IT Department. In this article we listed out steps to register. However you must go to official site only to properly register at official portal.
First time users at Income Tax Department
If you are first time user or new user at income tax department online website then you keep reading this page to know more about how to register at ITR site. You also must remember that you will fill one form that is available at official site. Below you find these steps.
Steps to register at IT Returns department online
- Firstly you should go to official website of Income Tax e filing department
- To go to there you click on following link – https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/UserLogin/LoginHome.html
- This link takes you to login page of site
- From this page you click on ‘register now’ tab
- And from there you follow below mentioned process on registration
You go to another page as soon as you click on register now tab. This page is exclusively for first time registrations.
Instructions that you follow on registration form page
- You can check error messages on screen itself
- Users should not add any title such as Dr., Miss., Mrs. or Mr.
- Some fields have asterisk mark (*) and these are compulsory fields
- Finally you may use calendar to select date of birth
E filing registration form
- You select user type before clicking continue
- Enter basic details on next page
- These details include PAN number, surname, middle name, first name and date of birth
- You may even select date of birth from the calendar
- After this you fill registration form
- And only then you receive your user ID
You provide correct email ID and phone number because you get user ID and password on registered mobile number. You also get activation link to your email ID while on phone number you receive OTP or one time password.
So here you click on activation link to activate your account in income tax department site. In case you did not receive activation link then you follow below process –
Did not get activation link
- On https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/UserLogin/LoginHome.html page there is option to resend activation link
- Therefore you click on ‘resend activation link’
- After you click on this tab you go to another page
- On this page you select user type
- Once you select ‘user type’ you again go to another page where you enter details such as following –
- PAN number
- Date of birth or incorporation
- Select if you are non resident
- Password (this password is case sensitive)
- Enter email ID
- Mention mobile number
- Finally click submit
By giving these details you again receive your activation link. And once you receive your activation link you can log in to your account at Income Tax Department site to complete rest of the formalities. Hence you will be ready to file your income tax returns online at ‘e filing website of Income Tax Department’.
e-filing login through net banking
There is another option for you to use net banking options. Moreover this option is very useful for many people. It is so because all tax payers may use internet banking facility to log in to income tax department online site.
Banks give this net banking facility to log in to e filing portal. Besides you get a chance to use e filing services. There is also option for managing profile and thus all things become easy for people. In following paragraph you see various banks that provide e filing log in facility to its customers.
List of banks that provide e filing log in facility
|Allahabad Bank||Axis Bank Ltd||Andhra Bank|
|Bank of Baroda||Bank of Maharashtra||Bank of India|
|Canara Bank||City Union Bank Ltd||Central Bank of India|
|Corporation Bank Corporate Banking||Dena Bank||Corporation Bank Retail Banking|
|Equitas Small Finance Bank Ltd||ICICI Bank||HDFC Bank|
|IDBI Bank||Indian Overseas Bank||Indian Bank|
|IndusInd Bank Ltd||Kotak Mahindra Bank||Karnataka Bank|
|Oriental Bank of Commerce||Punjab and Sind Bank||Punjab National Bank|
|South Indian Bank||Syndicate Bank||State Bank of India|
|The Federal Bank Limited||UCO Bank||The Karur Vysya Bank Ltd|
|United Bank of India||Yes Bank Ltd||Union Bank of India|
So you understood complete process to register at the Income Tax Department site. However you see to it that you file your income tax returns before 5th August 2017. Because if you do not do so then you may have to pay fine and follow different process.
Or you may have to go for e file ITR rectification. In addition it is better that you know reasons as to why you file IT Returns before August 5.